The MPI Minnesota Chapter Scholarship is open to all active MPI Minnesota Chapter members in good standing who have been a member for at least one year and have not received a scholarship from the MPI Minnesota Chapter in the past 12 months. The scholarship can be used for a variety of educational opportunities, events, and programs, including but not limited to:
- Annual MPI membership fee
- Monthly Meeting Card
- CMP certification and recertification
- CMM certification
- National and international MPI conventions
This is an exclusive member benefit that your chapter takes great pride in being able to offer. Past recipients have been enriched by the opportunities provided and you are encouraged to apply.
The 2016-2017 scholarship application process has concluded. Recipients will be announced at the May Gala on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
Scholarship Application Process
To qualify for an MPI Minnesota Chapter Scholarship, applicants must meet the criteria listed at the bottom of this page. The criteria will be evaluated on a point system. The applicant who receives the most points will be awarded the scholarship (full or partial) for which they applied.
The MPI Minnesota Chapter Scholarship Committee will review all applications, select the winners, and present to the VP of Strategic Alliances. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence. Selected scholarship recipients will be announced at the May Awards Gala.
The MPI Minnesota Chapter Scholarship Judging Committee will consist of the following active members: one past president, one CMP member, one CMM member, and one past scholarship recipient. The committee is chaired by Dianna Fuller, CMP, CMM.
Application form and supporting material must be submitted in their entirety by the application deadline.
To qualify for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- Complete and submit a scholarship application form by the application deadline.
- Only one scholarship will be awarded per person.
- Have held an MPI Minnesota Chapter membership in good standing for at least one year.
- Not have received a scholarship from the MPI Minnesota Chapter in the past 12 months.
- Agree to write an article for the MN Matters newsletter. (If an article is not submitted, the recipient will no longer be considered a member in good standing.)
- Include at least one letter of recommendation from a client, a professional business associate, a mentor, or a supervisor. (The letter may not be from a coworker.)
- Redeem any awarded scholarship within its fiscal year.
Scholarship Application Scoring
|One-paragraph self description||2|
|Years of MPI membership||3|
|Attendance at MPI-sponsored meetings Jan-Dec 2015||30|
|MPI committee service||10|
|MPI committee leadership||15|
|MPI Minnesota Chapter special project participation||10|
|Personal scholarship purpose and benefit||15|
|Scholarship benefit to the MPI Minnesota Chapter and its members||15|
If you have questions, feel welcome to contact Dianna Fuller, CMP, CMM, Scholarships Chairperson, via email at email@example.com.