What are the EMPI Awards?
EMPI (Excellence in MPI) Awards are awarded to MPI Minnesota Chapter members who exemplify strong support and participation needed to help the chapter and industry grow and succeed.
Who has received an EMPI Award?
Past recipients of EMPI Awards may be viewed here.
Who can be nominated?
Any MPI Minnesota Chapter member in good standing may be nominated in as many categories for which he or she may be qualified as a recipient. Members are also encouraged to nominate themselves.
EMPI Award descriptions and criteria
- Outstanding Meeting/Event
- Outstanding Planner Member
- Outstanding Supplier Member
- Outstanding Supporting Company
- Rising Star
How do I nominate an individual, meeting, or company?
Nominations for the 2016-2017 EMPI Awards will be accepted December 21, 2016 through midnight on April 3, 2017.
|STEP 1:||Nominate an eligible individual or organization by completing the EMPI Nomination Form. You will be asked to provide a summary of how the nominee meets the criteria specified for the selected award category.|
|STEP 2:||Upon submission of the nomination form, the nominee will be notified by email. The notification will include the submitted nomination information, including the nominator’s contact information.|
|STEP 3:||The nominee may provide additional information to substantiate the nomination through a separate online nomination response form, including more details of the achievements and letters of recommendation (if applicable for the award category). The nominee may also upload a personal photo.
The nomination response form is optional. All nomination response form submissions must be completed by midnight on Monday, April 10, 2017.
- Before you begin to complete the EMPI Nomination Form, use it as a template and the award criteria as reference and start composing your nomination information in a Word document. This will allow you to easily copy/paste the information into the online nomination form.
- Review the list of current MPI Minnesota Chapter members eligible for each award category before you begin to 1) be inspired to nominated someone you didn’t think of immediately and 2) ensure that your intended nominee meets the award’s eligibility criteria.
What is the deadline to submit a nomination?
Monday, April 3
|EMPI Nomination Form||required||anyone||selecting a nominee for an award and documenting how the nominee meets the award criteria|
Monday, April 10
|Nomination Response Form||optional||nominated individual or company||providing supplemental information and materials documenting how the nominee meets the award criteria|
How are the winners selected?
All nominations and supporting materials are distributed to a panel of judges for review. The judges review each nomination individually and rate each nomination based on the information provided and how well it meets the specified criteria. The nomination that best meets the specified criteria for a given award is the winner.
Who are the judges?
The judging panel is comprised of equal representation of planners and suppliers meeting the following criteria:
- is currently a member of MPI
- has been a member of MPI for a minimum of two (2) years
- has served on the MPI Minnesota Chapter Board of Directors, has been a previous EMPI winner, or is a current Committee Chair
All members of the judging panel are kept confidential.
Current judges are not eligible for an EMPI nomination.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced at the EMPI Awards Gala in May. Winners are not notified in advance.
Whom do I call with questions?
Please contact email@example.com.