posted Aug 3, 2017 at 09:43am
- Tell us about your business and your current job. At Dave Cowley Incentives we work creatively with our clients to find incentive and promotional items for meetings, events and incentive programs that are on trend, useful and on budget. We’ve been in the promotion business for over 30 years and have worked with many of the companies in town. We offer the experience you deserve, have a very cool showroom (come and see!) and a strong support team to give you top shelf service. We understand the pressure planners are under and work with them to make the branded merchandise portion of their job stress free and enjoyable. We supply everything from apparel and awards to room drop gifts and tradeshow give-a-ways. We also work closely with marketing departments on product launches, B2B and B2C projects. Our specialty is searching for that unique and clever item you’ve been looking for to boost your brand and recognize your clients. We take great pride in coming up with the answer to “what’s new and hot?” and that item is usually trendy, functional and well received. I just love this business!
- What do you hope to gain from your MPI Membership? I originally joined MPI because many of my clients were planners and I wanted to learn as much as possible about their business and become a valuable partner. What I’ve gained has been incredible. I’ve learned more than I ever could have imagined and have made wonderful friends that I know I will have for a lifetime.
- If there was only one thing a potential customer could remember about your company, what would that be?
At Dave Cowley Incentives we like to make you look good and make your life easier by taking the stress out of sourcing creative ideas and giving you on time delivery, coming in under budget, on time delivery and killer customer service.
- What one piece of advice would you give to a new supplier joining the MPI network?
Join a committee, get involved and put yourself out there. It is a great organization and getting involved is the best way to meet people.
- What has been the best piece of advice you have been given, and how has it made a difference in your life - personally or professionally?
There are two. Never put things off for tomorrow when you can get them done today – if you can’t get them done today then make a list at the end of the day for tomorrow and follow up, follow up, follow up. When you are wrong – admit it and make amends. Things go wrong personally and professionally, admitting a mistake and making an amend builds trust, which to me, is the bedrock of a relationship.
- What are some of your favorite pastime activities? I love going to our cabin on Lake Vermilion with friends and family, traveling, cooking, serving on the Board of Directors for The Emily Program Foundation, visiting my son in Colorado, , laughing with my daughter in St Paul and hanging out with my husband. Life is good!